Monday, September 17, 2007

Miscellaneous Music Musings, pt. II

Awesome, man. I'm going to review more awesome music for you, as I listen to it, for the best quality review. Over coming weeks, I might go for genre reviews. I listen to many different genres.

1. "Dragula" by
This really has to be one of the best metal songs ever. It's got this catchy beat (well, for metal, anyway) and sounds pretty much well, awesome. It's got smashing guitars mixed in with some techno sounding stuff, and the chorus is delightfully RAWR. Rob Zombie has a drill sergeant voice. If you are a metal fan, you'll definitely want to check it out. A techno remix was on the Matrix soundtrack, but I don't like it as much because for some reason I feel the remix removes some of its intensity.

2. "Shut Me Up" by
Okay, guys, it looks like I'm on a metal roll here. This song is also fantastic, once you can get over the singer's oddly high pitched voice (don't worry, it isn't like that for the entire song.) There's the characteristic pounding, grating guitarwork, mixed in with some trancey synth work. It's a very fluid song and moves along well with its quick pace. Metal and techno is a fantastic combination. The chorus is the best part, but I do like the line, "I like my coffee black just like my metal."

3. "Wednesday the Third" by
This is definitely not metal and is more slower (but not boring) than the first two. The vocals just sort of seem to flow along and the intricate guitarwork is a nice touch. But what I really like is how the vocals undulate and don't seem to pause for too long. I'd classify this perhaps as emo or post-hardcore. Post-hardcore definitely doesn't necessarily involve screaming, guys. In fact, I believe it's a more delicate version of hardcore and any screaming would relegate said song to the hardcore genre.

No comments: