Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Eleanor & Matte Black

You know what's a hot car? Look at this car. Okay, so maybe it's a little old. It's a '90s Mustang body, after all. But I still think its hot, as I do most .
But you know what's even better? It turns out that this Eleanor body kit is sort of a new version of the original. The original came out with the '70s fastback Mustangs. It looks just as incredibly sexy. The new Mustang seems a bit punched up in comparison; stockier, but they both have "big noses." Here's the older Eleanor:
It seems more streamlined. The dark silver and black racing stripes seem to be an Eleanor thing. I definitely like it a lot. But if I were to design my own paint job, I think I'd go for matte black with glossy red stripes. Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm obsessed with matte black. It's a lovely color and totally underappreciated. When you paint a streamlined car with it, it ends up looking like a stealth jet. It also feels nice, not smooth like glossy paint, but sort of rougher, though not so much that it is unpleasant to touch. It's sophisticated. Unfortunately, I have a lot of trouble finding pictures of matte black sportscars on Google. Here's one of the only ones.
I don't really like the car much, because as a Mustang lover, I am in favor of the big, muscled, boxy look as opposed to the über-flatness. The paint job is fantastic though. Neon orange? Strange, but it works.

No comments: